The University of Chicago Undergraduate Law Magazine is the University of Chicago’s first and only undergraduate law publication, and is dedicated to fostering a sustained dialogue about legal issues on and off campus. In addition to printing informative pieces about local, domestic and international law, our publication also provides a mentorship program to Undergraduates as well as useful information about law school, legal scholarship, and career opportunities. We welcome submissions from all University of Chicago affiliates.
Applications for the 2016-2017 Junior Associates Program are now closed due to a full program.
Junior Associates program 2016-2017
The Junior Associate Program is designed to assist those interested in becoming a full editor at the close of the upcoming academic year gain experience in legal writing and foster relationships in pre-law, legal scholarship, and academic leadership.
The Junior Articles Associates shall:
• Submit at least two (2) articles or (2) blogs or (1) article and (1) blog for publication per year.
• Attend all meetings required by the Outreach Chair.
• Attend all meetings required by the Executive Committee.
• Attend events hosted by the UCULR.
• Partake in the optional Mentorship program. The Mentorship program pairs the Junior Associate with an upper-classmen Board Member.
• Have access to any UCULR Legal Research and Writing Programs offered during the Fall Quarter.
• Have access to any other social events with Board members.
Successful applications for the position of Junior Associate Editor will allow the student to gain insights into the responsibilities of current board members and will better prepare the student for any full positions come Spring Quarter. While we cannot guarantee a Board position for Junior Associates, we do strongly consider prior participation and interest when evaluating applications.
For application assistance or questions, please do not hesitate to email the UCULR Editor-in-Chief at email@example.com.